Friday, August 7, 2009

Dear babies...

I can't believe you may be here with us within the next four days . The thought is so overwhelming that I just cannot wrap my head around it. As hard as I try to imagine holding you, kissing you, touching you, in my mind it still seems so far away. I've been dreaming of this day for so many years now and for so many years thought it may never happen. Now it is inevitable and still, still, I just won't believe it until the moment is here. It'snot tangible enough for me, not even with all of the appointments, the 9 weeks of bedrest, the huge melon under my ribs, even the feeling of movement in my womb. A part of me feels like it is a cruel trick, a dream still lingering.
I wonder if you'll greet me with loud hardy cries when you emerge or if you will keep me in suspense, quiet until forced to be ready for the world too soon. I wonder what you'll look like, if you'll have hair, or even if your features will distinguish you from your dad or I. I wonder what your personalities will be like. I wonder how long it will be before I actually get to see you, touch you and even hold you. I hope and pray that you're ready for this world and I can't wait to meet you. I love you.....

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you will feel this way after they are born. I still wonder when I will wake up from the dream...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl what are you doing to me...I follow your posts religiously and most make me so proud to know such a pheonomial woman but this one was different! As I sit here in my office at work 2 states away...I cry. I am balling actually. Big 'ol lump in my throat. I'm so happy for you Marcie..so very, very happy that you're dream has come true x3...keep us posted and know that you, your little ones, and your family are always in my prayers. You've done an amazing job!!!!
    All My Love - Billie-Jo

    ReplyDelete