Saturday, July 25, 2009

30 Weeks-Yay!







Today I have reached my 30 week mark. I am so happy to have made it this far and that my babies are getting the opportunity to continue growing, practice breathing and build up their brown fat. Sounds so rudimentary but these things are all so important when they are in the outside world.



There is not much news which I guess is good news. I had 2 appointments this week. At the first one I got to see Mattea yawn and stretch and David practice breathing. My bp was a little high that day but seemed to go down by my next appointment. My second appointment was rather boring as they did not do a growth scan. The doctor was on vacation and the nurse said I didn't need it (funny because it has been done every 2 weeks since I was 20 weeks-slacker???). That was disappointing because I was really hoping to see that they were all over 3 pounds by now. In any case they were all there with heartbeats accounted for and they are still in the same position as they have been for weeks now. I will find out how big they are this coming Friday. Now is the time when I need to keep the hospital bag in the trunk when I go to my appointments as the doc said anything can change in a moment's notice.



Aside from being so happy to have grown them this long I am definately getting more and more uncomfortable. My hands are starting tio swell. My XL maternity clothes are getting too small. I am suprised by that because I've seen larger pregnant woman. I'm not sure what they wear. I don't have a clue what I will be wearing soon. Again, another milestone reached and we are so thankful. Enjoy the pics of my lump!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You still look wonderful. I will have to post a pic of my torpedo belly, not pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it to 30 weeks :) I'm pregnant with triplets as well ( currently at 27.3 weeks) and came across your blog from tripletconnection.org.
    Just wanted to say hi & wish you the best of luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete